LENT IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER (Ash Wednesday is on March 1st)
Ash Wednesday marks the beginning of the liturgical season of Lent. The celebration of Easter, of being reborn in the Risen Lord to a new life, will only have meaning to the degree that we ‘die to the old self”. Thus, the Church asks us to live this period of Lent, with Christ in the desert, as period of forty days devoted to inward renewal through prayer, fasting and almsgiving. Let us prayerfully consider before Lent how we might make best use of this time to imitate the Lord in His dedication to the Father so that His resurrection may take deep root in our thoughts, words and actions throughout Lent and forever.
- Ash Wednesday Masses: 8:00 AM, 12:10 PM, and 7:00 PM in the Church
- Ash Wednesday Confessions: 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Stations of the Cross: A great Lenten Spiritual Devotion held on Friday evenings during Lent at 7:00 PM., or after 7:00 PM Mass on the First and Last Friday of the month in the Church.
- Ash Wednesday and Good Friday are days of fast (one full meal, and two lighter meals a day with no eating between meals), and abstinence (no eating of meat). The law of abstinence obliges those 14 years of age and older, and the law of fast obliges all those from ages 18 through 59 years of age.
- Parish Lenten Retreat: April 4, 5, 6 at 7:00 PM conducted by Rev. Zachary Romanowsky of Madonna House
The Church recommends that we observe not only Good Friday, but the other Fridays of Lent as days of abstinence, or that we perform some act of charity as an alternative – the choice is yours. Lenten penance should be external and social, as well as internal and individual.
The highest point in the Church’s year of prayer is the Easter Triduum of the dying and rising of the Lord Jesus. We prepare for this three-day period by the season of Lent, and prolong it for the great 50 days of the Easter season.
LENTEN RECONCILIATION SERVICES
- Saturday, April 1 : 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM and 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. There will be several priests hearing Confessions.
- Good Friday, April 14, after 3:00 PM service commemorating the Passion of our Lord.
- Private reconciliation every Saturday from 3:45 – 4:30 PM
Bulletin for week of February 19, 2017
Please note that the Parish Centre will be closed on Monday, February 20th for the Family Day Holiday. Daily Mass will be celebrated at 10:00 AM in the Centre chapel. There will be no adoration taking place on that day.
Bulletin for week of February 12, 2017
New Beginnings is a Bereavement Ministry support group. We offer compassionate care and mutual support to help each member navigate through the difficult terrain of grief. If you or someone you know is dealing with the loss of a loved one or loss from separation or divorce, we’re here to help! The New Beginnings program at St. Peter’s parish will be offering two day-time bereavement support groups:
Bereaved Individuals – (Those mourning a death)
Meets every Tuesday
Starts: February 28th, 2017
Ends: March 28th, 2017
Time: 10 am – 12 pm OR 1 pm – 3 pm
Separated or Divorced
Meets every Saturday
Starts: March 4th, 2017
Ends: April 1st, 2017
Time: 2 pm – 4 pm
Parish tax receipts for weekly donations, PAG, second collections, Capital campaign donations and donations to ShareLife made through the parish will be mailed out the week of February 12.
Tax receipts for the Family of Faith Campaign will be issued and mailed by the Archdiocese. Receipts for Donate Now made by the Credit card will also be issued and mailed by the Archdiocese of Toronto. Thank you very much for your continued support.
Bulletin for week of February 5, 2017
The Office of Vocations is hosting a day retreat at Blessed Sacrament Parish, 24 Cheritan Avenue Toronto on Saturday, February 11, 2017 (from 9am to 5pm). Provides a time to pray, interact & socialize with other young Catholic men. Seminarians deliver talks on practical aspects of faith. Day includes Holy Mass, Adoration & Confession. For more information please call the Office of Vocations at 416-968-0997 or email: email@example.com
We invite you to join us for a special Valentine’s Day Bake Sale on Saturday, February, 11 after the 5 PM Mass and on Sunday, February 12, after the 9 am and 11:15 am Masses in the Church auditorium. Valentine goodies will be on sale. All are welcome!
Bulletin for week of January 29, 2017